In a previous post, i have written about how i have been starting/ stoping the selenium server dynamically. What i didnt mention was that i was not able to run my tests using Internet Explorer. I got this error
11:56:55.272 INFO - Command request: getNewBrowserSession[*iexplore, http://localhost:8080, ] on session null 11:56:55.272 INFO - creating new remote session 11:56:55.381 INFO - Allocated session 688eff769c8b4751b5fb9477bba213f3 for http://localhost:8080, launching... 11:56:55.397 ERROR - Failed to start new browser session, shutdown browser and clear all session data java.
>I have been working on a test suite in java using testng as the testing framework. I could not have suggested any other test frame work as it allows me to do a lot of configurable setups and teardowns. Yeah am not gonna promote testng anymore, lol.
I could have started using selenium server using a usual batch file that maven could call in one of its targets but i think doing it this way is cleaner.